Monday, July 7, 2008

Court dismisses lawsuit; Moore stays on the ballot

Today Calhoun County Circuit Court Judge James Kingsley dismissed in whole the lawsuit challenging the residency of State Representative candidate Greg Moore, thereby reaffirming his spot on the Primary Election ballot in the 62nd House District.

"My opponent and her team did everything they could to make sure that Republican voters would not have a true choice in this election,” Moore said. “She tried to kick me off the ballot so she wouldn't have to face me at the polls. Hopefully my opponent will see fit to drop her legal maneuvering and let us get back to having a real conversation with voters.”

Judge Kingsley's ruling, along with Calhoun County Clerk/Register Anne Norlander's earlier decision, clears the way for Moore's candidacy.

"Fortunately for the voters, my opponent's fight to remove my name from the ballot was blocked. Now, Republican Primary voters will have a choice of who is best suited to represent their values and concerns. I'm confident my record of fiscal responsibility and common sense conservative principles will present a clear contrast and offer a real choice," concluded Moore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is another story. Kinda gives a different version of the "truth."

http://blog.mlive.com/capitolchronicles/2008/07/greg_moore_susan_baldwin_and_i.html


One of the reporters on the Battle Creek Enquirer staff also said in a blog that he basically committed a felony but has yet to be charged. What a mess.