Monday, March 10, 2008

Judge releases very little from emails UPDATE

DOCUMENTS ORDERED DISCLOSED BY THE JUDGE WERE RECEIVED IN THE CHRONICLE OFFICE WEDNESDAY: THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION APPEARS BELOW: (UPDATED WEDS. MARCH 12, 2008)
Only a few more lines of text from heavily redacted email messages between former Marshall Public Safety Chief Mike Olson and a woman who works in Marshall city hall were released to the public by Judge James Kingsley at a hearing Monday on a lawsuit filed by Mike Olson against the city of Marshall to seek preliminary injunction against disclosure of contested lines of text.
Kingsley ruled the rest of the text is personal.
The following, additional lines of text were released by the judge because either he ruled they are not private or are further evidence of Olson's effort to create a job for the woman without prior approval:
Dec. 28, 2007 9:43 a.m.
Mike Olson: "I don't think you're crazy at all and I was raised the same as you. I don't see that happening because Chris O has these grandiose plans, but he hasn't shared them. he may share her with me for the short term, but he hasn't offered lately. She won't be pissed at you, but she might be at me."
A contested email from Jan. 4, 2008, 8:45 p.m. remained withheld because the judge said "that's personal."
(date missing) 2:52 p.m.
Mike Olson: "When I get mine, I want one just like you."
Recipient: "I would hope it would be me."
Mike Olson: "Of course it would be."
Nov. 14, 2007 11:13 a.m.
"That is funny. I told her (indistinguishable) how you knew my cell phone number."
"Oh, I played innocent."
(date missing)
"You'll never have a career from acting but we do have people fooled."
"You're right, we do have people fooled."
Judge Kingsley said of those last two lines: "I can see the reason that raised a red flag."
Jan. 15, 2008 1:03 p.m.
"Yes, it was a late night but I don't have much choice when a lot of the reports have to go to the Prosecutor's Office...I'm not happy at all though I'm trying not to show it or share it." Some of the newly released, missing text in that message is: "But if I was up there, you wouldn't be in a bad mood."
"We'd both be cheered up."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, not much additional information. It leaves to assume what's included in the personal portions.